Region : Burgandy France
Site : www.hdv.fr
The site of Savigny-lès-Beaune was identified as an ideal location and the architect Albert Suisse was appointed to lead the construction which lasted from 1880 to 1888. The outcome was quite spectacular with 4000 covered square meters, six meters high vaults, a capacity of 4000 barrels (of 228 liters each) and a heating system to initiate the malolactic fermentation. The Schenk Group finally acquired it in 1964 together with diverse vineyards in the Côte d’Or.